Vehicle Rental Agreement
Terms & Conditions of Rental
- A valid Driver’s License from your country of residence is mandatory, you must also provide an International license as per regulatory Indonesian law.
- Melalie accepts all major credit cards such as MasterCard, Visa, for payments either way of our website or application.
- Melalie requires 100% of the rental fee at the time of booking. This sum must be paid in full before pickup/arrival date.
- Your registration on the Melalie App shall constitute authority for Melalie to debit the final total charges against your account and your specific card-issuing organization.
- Minimum age to rent a bike or a scooter from Melalie must be between ages of 18 to 40.
- All of Melalie’s rental rates are calculated on a 24-hour clock outlined within our website and application. Specific times can be chosen for pick-ups and or deliveries to your accommodation.
- Rental payments are Non-Refundable, but in the event of a cancellation your booking can be used for an agreed alternative date, if the specific model ordered is available.
- Bikes/scooters must be returned on the specified time frame that you have specified within your booking agreement, this is the condition of the hire agreement. Any late returns may result in extra hiring costs at day rates. If there is a need to change this specific time, then please contact us immediately. If you would like to extend your rental period, then inform us by a simple phone call or email as soon as you are aware. Extending your rental period will only be possible if the specific model is available.
- Bikes/scooters/motorcycle thefts can occur in Bali, to alleviate any insurance breaches all bikes must be locked when not in use.
- Hirers are responsible for parking their bikes/scooters in designated bike areas only or that you are directed to by parking staff.
- Occasionally due to unforeseen circumstances a chosen bike/scooter model may not be available. In this case please contact us directly and we may be able to offer you a similar model.
- This rental agreement does not include extreme tyre wear or damage, or battery replacement due to negligence from leaving ignition or headlights on.
- Melalie is not liable for failure to perform our obligation within our hire agreements caused by issues beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to act of God, power failure, fire, flood, epidemic disease, war, riot, and terrorism.
- Melalie is not liable to any illegal conduct or actions against the law of the Republic of Indonesia.
Deliveries and Pre-Orders
- We will ask you to give your personal ID for verification purposes at the time of the hand-over of the bike/scooter. The ID will be returned to the Renter upon satisfactory return of the vehicle and settlement of all dues.
- Delivery service is only offered in specific areas subject to confirmation by staff on the day.
- All Melalie bikes/scooters/accessories are not allowed to be taken off the island of Bali.
- All Melalie bikes/scooters/accessories are hired out strictly for road use only. No bikes/scooters are to be used for off road or beach activities. These activities are deemed illegal in Indonesia and strict penalties apply. If damage is caused by these activities, then an assessment will be made for the repair at the hirers cost.
- Note that the wearing of helmets in Indonesia is mandatory and the appropriate fines by the local police force / Indonesian authorities are strictly adhered to. If your helmet is lost or stolen please contact us and note that you will be charged a fee.
- Melalie takes pride in its bikes/scooters and accessories and ensures that all equipment leaving our store is in excellent working order. Each item is inspected through our quality control system prior to leaving our offices confirming you receive the best possible product and service from us as well as ensuring you get the best out of your island holiday.
- As a guarantee for the proper usage and safe return of the vehicle, the Renter agrees to provide a security deposit. This deposit will be refunded in full to the Renter upon satisfactory return of the vehicle at the end of the rental period.
- The Renter is responsible for any deductibles and damages not covered by insurance during the rental period.
- The Renter agrees to use the vehicle solely for personal use and not for any illegal, reckless, or commercial purposes. The vehicle shall not be used for towing, racing, off-road driving, or any other unauthorized activities.
- Melalie reserves the right to terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time if the Renter fails to comply with the terms of this agreement or misuses the vehicle.
Every client will receive orientation for the motorcycle or scooter. The client orientation will cover all aspects of safe motorcycle operation, the client’s maintenance responsibilities, local and state laws.
Insurance Cover and Excesses (Important Information)
- Melalie insurance will cover the total loss only.
- Our brakes and tires work like normal motorbikes. Hirers can go to the normal workstation to fix it or contact Melalie directly.
- The Renter shall be responsible for ensuring that the vehicle is maintained properly during the rental period. Any repairs required due to negligence or improper use shall be borne by the Renter. Any costs that are not on the list will be notified later after the motorbike has been checked.
|General Manufacturers Service||Cost + 10%|
|Scooter Repairs||Cost + 10%|
|Scooter Paint Works||Cost + 10%|
|Electric Scooter Battery Replacement due to Loss/ Theft/ Damage||Rp 20,000,000 (For NGT NIU)|
|Scooter Helmet Replacement||Rp 350,000|
|Phone Holder Replacement||Rp 100,000|
|Rearview Mirror Replacement||Rp 200,000/ each|